10 Awesome Facts about Solar Energy
Here are a few facts on solar energy that can help you assess the potential of solar energy
- The oil crisis of 1970 revealed the delicate nature of fossil fuels as a source of energy for the world. As such, research in the alternative, renewable energy technology like that of solar and wind energy gained momentum.
- Solar energy is being recognized as the future of alternative energy sources as it is non-polluting and helps combat the Greenhouse effect on the global climate created by the use of fossils fuels.
- Solar energy produces no pollution, has no environmental effects and is ecologically acceptable.
- Solar panels are virtually maintenance-free since the batteries require no water or other regular service and will last for years. Once solar panels are installed, there are no recurring costs.
- It might be a little difficult to believe at first, but the fact is that solar energy is cheaper than fossil fuels
- Solar power plants can last 40 years or more.
- Solar panels can produce power without direct sunlight.
- In the 1950s, the space industry began to use renewable technology to provide power aboard spacecraft. Vanguard 1 – the first artificial satellite run by solar cells.
- One hour of sunlight is enough to power the entire Earth for a year.
- With new advancements in scientific researches, solar energy is more affordable with decreasing costs and increasing efficiency.
It’s time to make your contribution towards a sustainable green future. Go Solar. Go Green.